About Cadence Academy Preschool
Welcome to Cadence Academy Preschool, Yelm Highway! We are conveniently located across the street from Indian Summer Golf & Country Club at the corner of Normandy Drive and Yelm Highway in Olympia, Washington.
A member of the Cadence Education Family of Schools, we offer a developmentally directed curriculum and a broad range of preschool and daycare programs for ages 6 weeks to 10 years old. Our preschool center is a spacious, seven-room facility, encompassed by a beautifully landscaped exterior. Whether inside in our colorful, interactive classrooms or outside enjoying age-appropriate toys and equipment on our playgrounds, students feel at home at Cadence Academy Preschool.
Safety and security is a central area of focus at our daycare center. Our facility has security code access at the front door and security cameras in each of our classrooms. We strive to provide a safe, clean, and caring learning center where parents can feel comfortable knowing that their children are having fun while receiving an exceptional education.
Daycare, Preschool & After School Programs:
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year) – Our infant daycare program was created to ensure that this first transition away from home is a smooth and joyful experience for you and your little one.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2) – Our toddler daycare program is designed to guide your toddler through this period of immense growth in a safe, stimulating environment.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3) – This program focuses on improving gross and fine motor skills, vocabulary, and learning through discovery activities.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4) – Our proprietary preschool curriculum jumpstarts a lifetime of learning and achievement.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5) – This Pre-K program combines the skills and experiences taught in previous years to get students ready for the upcoming transition into kindergarten.
- Before & After School Care (ages 5 to 10) – Families sending their children to our Before & After School Program can enjoy our free transportation to and from Horizons Elementary School, Chambers Prairie Elementary School, Lakes Elementary School, McKinney Elementary School, and Centennial Elementary School.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 10) – From adventures in nature to academic activities and sports-related fun, our summer camp program helps make sure that students do not fall behind in the summer break between school years, while having fun with new friends.
Our Educational Philosophy
We believe that children learn best when they are active and engaged. We encourage developmental growth through fun, educational activities, nurturing teachers, and stimulating environments. Each month, teachers focus on developing new skills in 9 different learning domains. These skills are taught at a challenging pace, but activities can be modified to provide more challenge or more support based on each child’s current level of skill.
What Makes Our Preschool Unique?
Not only does our private preschool have the perfect campus for fun and learning, our caring, well-trained staff and signature curriculum are also unparalleled. Our diverse and knowledgeable staff cares for and handles your child’s every need.
Our preschool and early child care center offers a well-rounded curriculum that features Lego Engineering, Bob’s Books, Hands-On Science, Fun With Fitness, and Baby Signs, an innovative technique to help infants and toddlers communicate effectively before their spoken vocabulary is fully developed.