About Cadence Academy Preschool
Cadence Academy Preschool, Ashworth in West Des Moines, Iowa is proud to play a role in our local community by educating young minds and providing enriching experiences for area infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. We offer safe, nurturing, and stimulating daycare and preschool programs for ages 6 weeks to 5 years old.
We have customized each of our center’s six classrooms to meet the specific needs of each age group. We have a cozy, warm setting for infants. A safe, yet interactive, learning environment for toddlers. And colorful classrooms full of fun, challenging toys, games, and activities for preschoolers and pre-K children.
Many of our teachers hold a CDA (Child Development Associate Credential), Associate’s, or Bachelor’s degree in Early Education. Each day, our teachers and directors focus on forming strong bonds while keeping your child engaged in the fun, developmentally-stimulating activities through our preschool’s signature Ascend Curriculum.
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). Our Infant Daycare program offers a safe, nurturing, and stimulating atmosphere where your infant can progress towards developmental milestones.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). In this program, our experienced teachers help engage toddlers with an interactive, hands-on curriculum.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). Our Early Learners curriculum is designed for curious minds and active little bodies.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Preschool is an exciting stage in a child’s development. Our Preschool program supports the educational, social, emotional, and physical development of 3-year-olds.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). Our preschool’s talented teachers help students continue to build skills essential to future academic success in kindergarten.
- Before & After School Care (ages 5 to 12). Our Before & After School program is a great solution for working parents needing a little extra care for their school age children.
Our Educational Philosophy
At Cadence Academy Ashworth, we believe that if children are to soar to great heights of scholastic excellence, then they need a strong network of adults to encourage and support them. Through our School-to-Home Connection, our preschool center partners with parents to foster an environment of exploration, discovery, and learning that extends far beyond the classroom. We utilize a variety of communication pieces to keep parents informed about their child’s academic progress and work with families to help children progress towards age-appropriate milestones.
What Makes our Preschool Unique
One of the ways we include families and the community in our children’s educational journey is by holding events throughout the year. Families love participating in our Family Picnic in August and celebrations during April for the Month of the Young Child. These fun gatherings provide great opportunities for children to show their families what they are learning, and for parents, teachers, and staff to get to know each another better.
We lead by example and we’re constantly working towards improving our standards. We hold accreditation from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). We are also proud to be a Community Partner with the West Des Moines School District and offer two sections of the Statewide Voluntary Preschool Program at our school. Parents can rest assured their children are receiving a high-quality early education at our preschool.
We also offer an excellent Before and After School Care program where school age children receive help with homework and have a fun place to hang with friends. We offer transportation to the 4 elementary schools in the West Des Moines area.
Getting to Our School
Cadence Academy Preschool, Ashworth is located at 5859 Ashworth Road in West Des Moines, Iowa, 50266. You can find us at the corner of 60th and Ashworth. Jordan Creek Town Center is the nearest housing community. Interested in visiting our school? Give us a call or schedule a visit online today!