About Cadence Academy Preschool
The first four years of life are an extremely important period of development for children and Cadence Academy Preschool, Urbandale is proud to offer NAEYC Accredited daycare services and preschool programs for children six weeks to five-years-old. Our dedicated preschool teachers and proprietary curriculum work hand-in-hand to help children reach their full potential during each developmental stage. We take an individualized approach to early childhood education and modify classroom activities so they fit the needs, interests, and current skill level of each child in our care.
Childcare & Preschool Programs
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). Our infant daycare program is designed to be an extension of your home. We follow the natural schedule of your infant and provide daily feedback on their sleeping and eating habits.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). We encourage our toddlers to explore and learn through a variety of age-appropriate activities.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). Our Early Learners program helps 2-year-olds develop gross and fine motor skills, expand their vocabulary, and learn through discovery-related activities.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Our skilled teachers help our preschoolers develop new skills across 9 different learning domains and prepare your child for success in Pre-K.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). Our Pre-K program weaves the skills and experiences already learned in previous years to prep your child for the big transition into kindergarten.
Partnering with Parents
We believe in creating a learning environment that extends beyond the classroom and we partner with our parents so that we can further encourage their child’s growth and development. We provide parents regular feedback on how their child is progressing towards important developmental milestones and we send out a monthly Reflections piece to provide guidance on how they can support our Ascend Curriculum at home. We have an open-door policy at our daycare center and we encourage parents to visit at any time and stay for any length of time they feel is necessary.
Our Teachers & Directors
With 100s of years of combined teaching experience in the field of early childhood education, the staff at Cadence Academy Preschool, Urbandale understands what quality child care means. This location was previously called Apple Tree Children’s Center and a number of our teachers have been with us since the Apple Tree days. Many of our teachers and directors hold degrees in education and continually participate in training to stay abreast of developments in the field. Our teachers know how to anticipate developmental needs and continually create preschool centers and activities that encourage emerging skills.
Getting to Our Preschool
Cadence Academy Preschool, Urbandale is located at 3054 86th St in Urbandale, Iowa, 50322. We’re between Hickman Rd and Douglas Ave, just north of U.S. Route 6. Many of our families live in Windsor Heights, West Des Moines, and Clive. We would love to show you around our preschool. Schedule a visit today!