Welcome to Cadence Academy Preschool in Tumwater. We are conveniently located next to Dairy Queen on Capitol Boulevard and Dennis Street at 6518 Capitol Boulevard, SE, in Tumwater, Washington. We are across the street from Peter G. Schmidt Elementary School, close to the major bus lines, and within walking distance from many state offices.
Cadence Academy Preschool in Tumwater is a licensed child care and preschool facility that provides childcare for infants as young as four weeks old, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children through age 10.
Children are full of wonder, naturally want to explore the world around them, and of course, have fun.We know this approach is how they learn best. As such, we have designed everything, from our classrooms to our curriculum, to encourage learning and discovery through play.
Daycare, Preschool & After School Programs Offered
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year) – An infant daycare program created specifically to ensure the transition away from home is smooth and joyful experience.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2) – An interactive toddler daycare program designed to improve your child’s sense of discovery.
- Early Childhood Learning (ages 2 to 3) – An early childhood education program with an emphasis on cognitive, social and physical wellness.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4) – A carefully designed preschool program focused on thoroughly preparing students for Pre-Kindergarten.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5) – Our Pre-Kindergarten program incorporates the skills and experiences taught in previous years to prepare children for their transition to Kindergarten.
- After School Care (ages 5 to 10) – Students are picked up from local elementary schools to enjoy an afternoon of fun, learning, and development.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 10) – From adventures in nature, to academic activities, and playing sports, this program ensures that children do not fall behind in the summer, while also having a memorable experience with their peers and our energized instructors.
A Peek Inside Our Classrooms
Our preschool also offers multiple, age-appropriate learning environment, as well as an outdoor learning environment for students to enjoy.
Infants and Toddlers
Our teachers are each certified in Baby Signs, a technique that provides an excellent opportunity for your infant or toddler to learn to communicate before mastering talking. This program helps to increase their self-esteem and autonomy, allowing them to become confident adults.
Our preschoolers benefit from our Kindergarten Readiness program, where they learn a different letter each week, participate in science and math activities daily, practice social skills both inside the classroom and on the playground, explore different kinds of hands-on sensory art, and have small group time reading books, singing songs, and working on projects together.
Pre-Kers and Preschoolers
Once children turn five,they benefit from our Pre-K Plus program, which emphasizes math, science, and reading through Lego Engineering, Hands-On Science, and Bob’s Books. When your child participates in our school, they are thoroughly ready for kindergarten.
We offer Before and After School Care, providing transportation to Peter G. Schmidt, East Olympia, and Michael T. Simmons Elementary Schools. We also offer specialized camp programs available during school and summer breaks and provide all-day care on school holidays and half-days.
Our preschool center’s students benefit from outdoor play everyday. We have four playgrounds, complete with bikes, climbing structures, music and math areas, slides, and a covered area for rainy days.
What Makes our Daycare So Unique?
At Cadence Academy Preschool in Tumwater, Washington we offer a 10 percent tuition discount for employees of the State of Washington, Monthly Family Fun Nights, Quarterly Open Houses, Parent Teacher Conferences twice a year, Quarterly Parents Night Out, and a professional children’s photographer who visits several times each school year to take portraits of the children.
Our students enjoy the experience of extracurricular activities and jump-start learning programs for no additional charge. Families also appreciate the love and personalized care each child receives every day.
Looking for More Information?
We would love to show you around our preschool and classrooms and to introduce you to our staff members. Come by and see us at Cadence Academy Preschool in Tumwater, Washington.