About Our Preschool
Welcome to Cadence Academy Preschool, Tumwater! We love that children are full of wonder and naturally want to explore the world around them. Our teachers channel this youthful energy through our Ascend Curriculum to create early learning experiences that are fun, challenging, and engaging for each child in our care. We have found that this approach to early childhood education prepares children emotionally, socially, and academically for success in elementary school and starts them on the path towards a lifelong love of learning.
Our preschool students benefit from outdoor play everyday. We have four playgrounds that are complete with bikes, climbing structures, music and math areas, slides, and a covered area for rainy days.
Daycare, Preschool & After School Programs
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year) – Our infant daycare program ensures that this first transition away from home is a smooth and joyful experience for both parent and child.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2) – Our toddler daycare program helps your little one reach early developmental milestones.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3) – Our Early Learners program is where we really start to spend time building the academic skills that they’ll need in elementary school.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4) – Our preschool teachers continue using our Ascend Curriculum matrices to build skillsets in subject areas like Literacy, Math, and Cultural Understanding.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5) – Our Pre-Kindergarten program fine-tunes the skills taught in previous years to ensure that children are prepared for kindergarten.
- After School Care (ages 5 to 10) – Students are picked up from local elementary schools and receive help with homework and participate in an afternoon of fun.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 10) – From adventures in nature and playing sports to fun learning activities, our summer program ensures that school age children do not fall behind in the summer, while also having memorable experiences with friends.
A Peek Inside Our Classrooms
Infants and Toddlers
Our teachers show our littlest students how to communicate using Baby Signs, which creates an excellent opportunity for you and your child to communicate before they can express themselves verbally.
Our preschoolers make significant strides towards kindergarten readiness. They learn a different letter each week, participate in science and math activities daily, practice social skills both inside the classroom and on the playground, and explore different kinds of hands-on sensory art. We also have small group time where we read books, sing songs, and work on projects together.
Our Pre-Kindergarten student get to participate in both our Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Club programs, which emphasize math, science, and reading through Lego Engineering, Hands-On Science, and Bob’s Books.
We offer Before and After School Care for ages 5-10, providing transportation to Peter G. Schmidt and Michael T. Simmons Elementary Schools. We also offer fun camp programs during school breaks and summer and provide all-day care on school holidays and half-days.
Looking for More Information?
If you’re looking for daycare services or a preschool in Tumwater that your family can call home, we would love to have you in for a visit. We’ll show you around our school and introduce you to our teachers and staff. We’re located at 6518 Capital Blvd SE, Tumwater, WA 98501. Give us a call or schedule a visit online today!