About Cadence Academy Preschool
Welcome to Cadence Academy Preschool, Ridgefield! Known previously as The Children’s Corner, we changed our name to Cadence Academy Preschool in March 2018 as part of our center’s ongoing commitment to give your child the best early educational experiences we can. Being a part of the Cadence Education Family of Schools gives us access to preschool programming such as Kindergarten Club, Kind Child, and the Ascend Curriculum. These programs help us create a preschool environment where children thrive!
We are located on a beautiful piece of property across from Seth Low Pierrepont State Park in Ridgefield, CT. We have designed our spacious, light-filled childcare center to stimulate learning while also providing a loving, nurturing environment. If you’re looking for daycare services for your infant or toddler or you want our preschool teachers to start working with your child on their cognitive, social, or emotional development, you’ve come to the right place!
Preschool & Childcare Programs
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). Our nurturing staff spends the day talking, singing, playing games, and responding to the needs and schedule of your precious little one.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). Children thrive in this safe, loving program where we encourage them to progress towards important developmental milestones and experience new things.
- Early Learners (ages 2-3). The activities in our Early Learners program boost your little one’s sense of discovery and encourage independence.
- Preschool (ages 3-5). In our Preschool program, our experienced educators offer various hands-on activities across learning domains such as Literacy, Science & Sensory, and Creative Expression to start preparing each child for the transition into kindergarten.
- Before & After School Care (ages 5 to 12). School-age kids need a break and a creative, fun environment after their regular school day is over. In our relaxed setting, your child can play outdoors, enjoy crafts and games, and get help finishing homework. We provide transportation to and from Farmingville Elementary, Ridgebury Elementary, and Scotland Elementary.
- Summer Camp (ages 5 to 12). Elementary students love the summer programs that we put together just for them. Summer Camp is always centered around a fun theme like Camp Secret Agent or American Road Trips and features fun, educational activities and field trips.
Thanks to the flexibility of our Ascend Curriculum, we take an individualized approach to early childhood education and encourage every child to progress towards age-appropriate goals at their natural pace. New skills are introduced sequentially in 9 different learning domains each month and activities are modified to fit the interests and current skill level of each child. Our Whole Child approach to early education ensures that every child feels engaged, supported, and challenged and makes learning fun!
Kind Child Program
Another significant part of our curriculum is our Kind Child program. Kind Child is a year-long program for children ages two and older that helps our teachers nurture and strengthen every child’s social and emotional skills. We have found that when we focus on the emotional well-being of each child in our care, we strengthen our school as well. We are confident that Kind Child will continue to strengthen the culture of our entire preschool center by elevating every child’s feelings of happiness, improving their well-being, and enriching their friendships.