About Cadence Academy Preschool
Previously known locally as Gateway Academy, Cadence Academy Mount Pleasant is an amazing 10,000 square foot preschool with eight distinct classrooms. Each classroom is designed to serve the unique needs of a specific age group and features age-appropriate toys, furniture, and equipment. Our school has large observation windows and an open floor plan, which makes it easy to keep extra eyes on each classroom and is a great security feature.
We like to challenge and support our young students through a variety of educational activities and by continually updating our preschool learning centers. Our proprietary curriculum leads to an early love of learning by encouraging children to learn through discovery and play.
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). We’ve created a warm, safe, nurturing environment where your baby will thrive.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). In our Toddler program, children start exploring the world through a skill-based curriculum that encourages discovery and the development of language.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). We introduce your child to activities that enhance their language skills, encourage a love of reading, and promote a healthy lifestyle in our Early Learners program.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Your child will participate in stimulating learning activities that encourage cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical development in our Preschool program.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). We ensure your child has the skillsets and confidence to thrive in kindergarten in our Pre-K program.
- Before & After School Care (ages 5 to 12). Parents can rest easy knowing their elementary children are in a safe, fun environment when they’re enrolled in our before and after school care program. We provide help with homework and transportation to James B. Edwards Elementary School, Jennie Moore Elementary School, and Mamie P. Whitesides Elementary School.
- Summer Camp Program (ages 5 to 12). In our fun theme-based summer programs, children play with friends, take field trips, and participate in educational activities that keep them prepared for the next school year.
We want every family to feel at home at our preschool. We’ve worked to create a nurturing, home-like environment to comfort children and to create lasting relationships with our families and the broader Mount Pleasant community. We believe that when there’s a strong partnership between school and home, children thrive. Our school is always open to our families and we encourage you to visit your child at any time.
Our preschool utilizes the Ascend Curriculum, which takes a balanced approach to cognitive, physical, social-emotional, and creative development. Each month, our teachers work with the children to progressively build sets of skills within 9 different subject areas such as math, literacy, science, technology, Spanish, and fitness.
Activities within our curriculum can be modified and individualized so that each child is engaged, supported, challenged, and having fun as they’re learning. We believe the most impactful way to support the development of academic skills is to give children some control over their own learning process. Our teachers offer children a variety of experimental, playful activities and children are encouraged to select what they want to participate in.
What Makes Our Childcare Center Unique
- We provide our parents an app called KidReports, which keeps you updated on your child’s progress throughout the day.
- Our Director Jacque has been with our school for almost 20 years.
- 5 of our teachers have been with the school for more than 5 years.
- Our wonderful cook prepares a nutritious breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack each day, which is included in our standard tuition.
- We offer several affordable and amazing enrichment programs such as dance, Soccer Shots, and Stretch-N-Grow.
Our Preschool’s Location
Cadence Academy Preschool, Mount Pleasant is located in the heart of the Creekside community and serves the nearby neighborhoods of Park West, Seaside Farms, Brookgreen Meadows, Harborgate Shores, and Harbor Watch, and the nearby apartment communities of Crickentree, Harbor Pointe, and Paces Watch. You’ll find our childcare center on the corner of Dragoon and Johnnie Dodds Blvd, directly behind First Citizens Bank and Verizon Wireless. Stop by and visit us today!