About Cadence Academy Preschool in Normal, Illinois
At Cadence Academy Preschool, Main Street, we believe in making the most of childhood, which is why we take significant steps to ensure an exceptional education experience for the preschool children under our care.
Most importantly, we aim to provide a personalized preschool education experience for every child we serve.
Our Commitment to Quality Care
The National Accreditation Commission (NAC) has accredited Cadence Academy Preschool in Normal. Our preschool learning center has high education requirements for teachers; uses research-based curriculum and assessments; and, utilizes professional best practice procedures that are recognized by the NAC. We are always happy to share additional details about our accreditation.
Preschool & Childcare Programs Offered:
- Infant Childcare (6 weeks – 14 months). Your baby’s journey begins in our infant childcare program. Because young children develop at their own pace, our staff monitors each infant continuously for normal developmental patterns, and uses creative activities to help them in meeting various developmental goals.
- Toddler Childcare (15 months – 23 months). Toddlers need the freedom to explore and recreate the world around them. Through play and assessment, our teachers prepare your child to advance to our preschool classroom.
- Two-Year-Olds (2 – 3 years). In this daycare program, our staff provides a daily report with your two-year-old’s eating, napping, and toileting routine, as well as daily academic accomplishments.
- Preschool (3 – 5 years). This preschool program encourages your child to get involved in hands-on activities that enhance his or her preschool learning experiences, preparing them for elementary school.
- Before & After School (5 – 12 years). This program offers a combination of both organized and independent educational and recreational activities in the mornings and afternoons.
- Summer Camp (6 – 12 years). As part of our summer camp program, children stay cool with fun, learning, and amazing friendships made along the way.
Our Positive Behavior Support (PBS) program focuses on your child’s social and emotional development, closely modeled after Vanderbilt University’s The Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL) philosophies.
We work hard to build strong character and friendships so that students can be a part of a classroom where they work together and respect one another.
At Cadence Academy Preschool, we understand that young children first start to comprehend their surroundings from an egocentric perspective. Building strong attachments with caregivers and sharing feelings can help children better understand their emotions, as well as others. We recognize that once children start to realize that their peers have feelings and needs, too, they start to learn how to socialize with each other.
There are numerous PBS tools available for families and teachers, including videos, behavior cue cards, scripted stories, and more. Check out the “Book Nook” for a list of books that help create teachable moments regarding socializing and emotions. To learn more about PBS, you also can visit the following:
More About Our Preschool
Cadence Academy Preschool, Main Street is conveniently located at 1106 S Main St, Normal, IL 61761.