About Cadence Academy Preschool
Previously known as Apple Tree Children’s Center, our preschool changed its name to Cadence Academy Preschool, Johnston in May 2018 to reflect a new direction in our preschool’s programs. Cadence Academy is known for its Ascend Curriculum, which takes a Whole Child approach to early childhood education. Preschool children are at an age where they need to develop much more than academic skill, so we focus on physical, social, emotional, and creative development as well. Our NAEYC Accredited preschool and daycare center helps young children reach important developmental milestones at a pace that’s appropriate for them.
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). Our caring, skilled daycare providers work closely with you to create a home away from home where we are on your infant’s schedule.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). We work on everything from developmental milestones to early socialization to potty training and provide lots of safe opportunities for your child to explore their surrounding world.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). We expose students to activities that boost verbal abilities and develop early literacy skills in our Early Learners program.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Our Preschool program features fun and educational activities and builds skillsets across 9 different learning domains.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). Your child will be ready for a successful future in elementary school after fine-tuning critical skills needed in kindergarten in our Pre-Kindergarten program.
Our Preschool’s Philosophy
At Cadence Academy Preschool, Johnston, we believe children learn best when they’re having fun. Each month, our teachers work on developing new skills within 9 different learning domains through fun, educational activities. Our Ascend Curriculum was created with flexibility in mind, so our activities can be modified to accommodate the current skill level and interests of each child. We want your child’s first educational experiences to be joyful so they naturally start developing a love of learning!
We have found that children thrive when there is a strong partnership between school and home. Our teachers are always here to provide feedback on your child’s day and we have conferences twice annually so that we can provide you updates on your child’s developmental progress. We have an open door policy at our preschool center and you are welcome to visit and participate as often as you would like. We also hold events for the whole family throughout the year so that you can connect with other Cadence Academy families and our staff too.
Our School Location
Cadence Academy Preschool, Johnston is located at 5623 NW 86th Street, Suite 100, in Johnston, Iowa, 50131. We’re at the corner of 86th Street and Chambery Boulevard behind Mercy Clinic. Our location off the I-35/I-80 interchange allows for convenient access to John Deere, Pioneer, Camp Dodge, and many other area businesses. We proudly serve the communities of Johnston, Urbandale, Grimes, Des Moines, and West Des Moines. Call us today. We can’t wait to meet you and show you around our school!
Address & Directions
5623 NW 86th St Ste 100
Johnston, IA 50131
86th St and Chambery Blvd
HoursMonday - Friday
6:30am - 6:00pm