About Cadence Academy Preschool
Cadence Academy Preschool, Iowa City features eight different classrooms that guide young minds towards important milestones during every stage of their early development. We provide comprehensive daycare and early education programs for infants through pre-kindergarten.
Our skilled, caring teachers support each child’s individual development and incorporate our signature Ascend Curriculum within each developmental program. We also have amazing age-appropriate playgrounds for our kids to explore and enjoy every day.
Cadence Academy Iowa City is accredited through The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). What does this mean for you and your child? We dedicate ourselves to going above and beyond national standards to find best practices to educate and care for your child. Accreditation fosters a culture of reflection and continuous improvement. Less than 10 percent of all preschool centers across the nation achieve this recognition!
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). In this program, our warm caregivers provide stimulating exercises to help your infant develop a strong foundation for his or her mental, emotional, and social development.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). Our caring teachers offer an abundance of art, music, and exploratory adventures in a supervised, secure environment in our toddler daycare program.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). In this program, teachers guide and nurture children with activities that focus on the basics of education and the development of positive life habits.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). We make the most of this stage of development by incorporating activities that stimulate the physical as well as the socio-emotional and cognitive capabilities of students.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). In our Pre-K program, children experience educational lessons and activities that prepare them for success in their elementary school years.
Our Preschool’s Philosophy
At Cadence Academy Preschool, Iowa City, we believe children learn best when they are interested, entertained, and engaged in the activities and subject matter, so we offer unique programs that foster learning through discovery and play. Children are always provided a variety of experimental and playful activities to choose from and are encouraged to exercise an appropriate level of control over their own learning process.
We love to get to know our families and the School-to-Home Connection is an important part of our service. We believe that children thrive when there is a strong partnership between preschool and home. We have an open-door policy with our families and we encourage you to visit at any time and stay for any length of time.
Our preschool hosts a variety of events throughout the year. Some of our favorite events include our annual Winter Wonderland in January, Family Picnic in August, and participating in the University of Iowa Homecoming Parade. There are also a variety of events and celebrations that we enjoy in April, including the Month of the Young Child.
We realize you have options when it comes to daycare and early childhood education, which is why we do our absolute best to provide you and your family with high-quality childcare and unparalleled early learning programs.
Schedule a Visit at Our School!
Cadence Academy Preschool, Iowa City, is located at 325 South Dubuque Street in downtown Iowa City, Iowa, 52240. You can find us at the corner of Dubuque and Burlington on the lower level of the Court Street Transportation Center. Call or schedule a visit online to find a special place for your child!