Children growing up in Iowa City are fortunate to be surrounded by art, culture, and creative excellence. A UNESCO “City of Literature,” home to the University of Iowa, and one of the nation’s leading creative writing programs, the Iowa Writer’s Workshop, Iowa City is an inspiring place for growing minds.
But before the city’s young residents can start penning their first masterpiece, they must first learn their ABCs at Cadence Academy Preschool, Iowa City.
About Cadence Academy Preschool, Iowa City
Cadence Academy Preschool, Iowa City, features eight different classrooms that focus on early childhood development and education for infants through pre-kindergarten.
Our skilled, caring teachers support each child’s individual development and incorporate our signature Ascend Curriculum within each program. We also have amazing age-appropriate playgrounds for our kids to explore on and enjoy every day.
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accredits our early child development program. What does this mean for you and your child? We dedicate ourselves to going above and beyond national standards to find best practices to educate and care for your child. Accreditation fosters a culture of reflection and continuous improvement. Did you know that less than 10 percent of all child care centers, preschools, and kindergartens nationwide achieve this recognition?
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). In this program, our warm caregivers provide stimulating exercises to help your infant develop a strong foundation for his or her mental, emotional, and social upbringing.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). Our caring teachers offer an abundance of art, music, and exploratory adventures in a supervised, secure environment in this program.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). In this program, teachers guide and nurture children with activities that focus on the basics of education and the development of positive life habits.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). We make the most of this stage of development by incorporating activities that stimulate the physical as well as the socio-emotional and cognitive capabilities of students.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). In our Pre-K program, children experience educational lessons and activities that prepare them for success in their elementary school years.
At Cadence Academy Preschool, Iowa City, we believe children learn best when they are interested, entertained, and engaged in the activities and subject matter, so we offer unique programs that foster learning through discovery and play.
What Makes Us Unique
We love to get to know our families. Our preschool hosts a variety of events throughout the year. Some of our favorite events include our annual Winter Wonderland in January, Family Picnic in August, and participating in the University of Iowa Homecoming Parade. There are also a variety of events and celebrations that we enjoy in April, including the Month of the Young Child.
We realize you have options when it comes to early childhood education, which is why we do our absolute best to provide you and your family with high-quality childcare and early learning programs.
More About Our School
Cadence Academy Preschool, Iowa City, is located at 325 South Dubuque Street in downtown Iowa City, Iowa, 52240. You can find us at the corner of Dubuque and Burlington on the lower level of the Court Street Transportation Center.
Call us to get started today and find a special place for your child!