Welcome to Cadence Academy Preschool Cooper Point in Olympia, Washington. We are conveniently located at 1006 Cooper Point Road, NW, at the corner of Cooper Point Rd, NW & Sarah Court, in Olympia, Washington. We are just two miles from the 101 and I-5 interchanges. We are two miles from downtown Olympia, and for those more local travelers, the city bus stop is across the street. We are also centrally located between South Puget Sound Community College and Evergreen State College.
Our daycare center is proud to serve the Cooper Point community and to support the local school system by preparing children for success in kindergarten and beyond. We are a small, garden-themed early childhood education center that specializes in the care of infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, and offers students the feeling of a warm, nurturing environment.
Our code-secured daycare building and homelike environment ensure children feel safe and comfortable while learning. Every classroom is designed specifically for the ages and stages within it, and our curriculum is rich with a broad range of hands-on learning experiences.
Studies show that educational, preschool programs for young children are most effective when families work closely with teachers and staff to ensure a consistent experience and supportive environment. Our goal is to make our daycare facility feel like an extension of the family to children; to be a place where they can learn and thrive both comfortably and confidently.
Daycare, Preschool & After School Programs Offered
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year) – This daycare program is designed to maintain the strong bonds, warmth, and security your child experiences at home.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2) – Our toddler program encourages your child’s sense of discovery and active learning.
- Early Childhood Learning (ages 2 to 3) – An early childhood education program with an emphasis on cognitive, social and physical wellness.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4) – A carefully designed preschool program focused on thoroughly preparing students for Pre-Kindergarten.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5) – Our Pre-Kindergarten program combines the skills and experiences taught in earlier programs to prepare students for their transition to Kindergarten.
- After School Care (ages 5 to 12) – Students are picked up from local elementary schools to enjoy an afternoon of fun, learning, and development.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 12) – From adventures in nature, to academic activities, and playing games and sports, this program ensures that children have a great time with their peers and our highly-energized instructors.
A Peek Inside Our Classrooms
Our preschool also offers multiple, age-appropriate learning environments, as well as an outdoor learning environment for students to enjoy.
Infants and Toddlers
The infants in our “Ladybug” nursery receive exceptional stimulation ranging from song and dance, art exploration, cuddling, and rocking, as well as a variety of tummy time activities.
The toddlers in the “Butterflies” room enjoy an open structure classroom, allowing each child to explore and learn about the world around them. They participate in daily art and sensory activities, singing and story time, and active outside time. The two- and three-year- old toddlers in the “Caterpillars” classroom begin to experience successes in potty training, as well. They enjoy daily art and sensory activities, music and story time, outside time, and structured play.
The preschoolers in the “Busy Bees” classroom love learning through play and a host of fun activities. Their curriculum includes a “Letters of the Month” program, which allows them to practice recognition, sounds, and writing individual letters. Their structured day allows development of independence, creativity, and imagination within a consistent schedule to promote a safe, secure atmosphere.
What Makes our Daycare Unique
At Cadence Academy Cooper Point, we are one big, happy family. The relationships between the children, staff, and parents are exemplary. Our staff works together to maintain a family-like feel of love and compassion throughout the classrooms. We also have a lot of fun!
From sensory bowling to building rocket balloons and making planets out of beans, we fill our days with unique, engaging activities. Additional events include the whole family, such as Parents’ Night Out, Family Fun Day, and Week of the Young Child. Whether you stop in on Music Monday, Taco Tuesday, Work Together Wednesday, or Thankful Thursday, you are bound to see smiling faces and hear lots of giggling.
All of our children enjoy outside play time every day. Our preschool’s large playgrounds feature age-specific areas with carefully selected equipment for toddlers and preschool children. Outside activities maximize each child’s physical and large motor development. Our preschoolers work hard each year taking care of their garden on the serenity playground.
Learn More About Our Preschool & Daycare Center
We encourage you to come by for a visit to our preschool learning center in Olympia, Washington. Please call (360) 753-8648, or contact us online today. We look forward to providing your child a safe and happy preschool experience!