A small town just outside of Des Moines, Iowa, Clive offers the amenities of a big city and the ease of country life. Greenbelt Park and Trail run through the entire community, providing a bucolic backdrop for family picnics, bike rides, and scenic strolls.
Many residents consider Clive a great place to live, work, and play. In fact, Forbes once named it the best address in the Des Moines area. Since Clive families would naturally want the best for their children, they choose Cadence Academy Preschool Heartland for their early childhood education needs.
About Cadence Academy Preschool, Clive
Infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and pre-kindergarteners all have a special place at Cadence Academy Preschool, Heartland. Our preschool and child care center has six different classrooms, and we customize each one by age and developmental stage.
Our credentialed teachers approach learning, development, and education using The Ascend Curriculum, which uses a “Whole Child” approach that develops your child’s cognitive, physical, social-emotional, and creative abilities.
Cadence Academy Preschool, Heartland is committed to going above and beyond the best practices in educating and caring for your child, and we are proud to hold accreditation from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) as a measurement of our program excellence. We also work closely with Waukee Community School District to understand elementary school expectations to ensure that your child is prepared for the transition to kindergarten.
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). In this program, Cadence Academy caregivers make sure that the first transition from home is pleasant and smooth for you and your infant.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). Our warm, experienced staff is trained to help channel your little one’s energy in a positive way in order for them to grow and learn.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). In this program, your child will engage in activities like counting, crating, painting, rhyming, and talking on a daily basis.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Our preschool program features a hands-on curriculum that preps your child for whatever adventure awaits.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). We target our Pre-K program to prep your child in vocabulary, literacy, math, motor skills, and problem-solving so that they have a solid set of skills before entering kindergarten.
At Cadence Academy Preschool, Heartland, we believe children learn best when they feel secure in their environment, comfortable with their teachers, and excited about the activities they engage in each day. As a result, we design our programs to ensure they have all of these aspects, and more, every day at our early childhood education center.
What Makes Us Unique
Family involvement in your child’s education and communication with teachers are both important to fostering a successful learning environment in the home and at school. Our preschool’s teachers are available for face-to-face meetings, as well as by phone, during the day.
We also offer a multitude of events throughout the year that provide opportunities for you to meet other families enrolled in our school and get to know our entire Cadence Academy family. Some of our favorite events are our Family Picnic, Fairy Tale Ball, Thanksgiving Luncheon, Ice Cream Socials, and Iowa vs. Iowa State Day.
More About Our School
Cadence Academy Preschool, Heartland is located at 14300 Hickman Road in Clive, Iowa, 50325. We are across from the CVS on the corner of 142nd and Hickman, inside the Heartland Presbyterian Church. We proudly serve the cities of Clive, Waukee, Urbandale, and West Des Moines.
Contact us to find a special place for your child in our Cadence Academy Preschool in Clive.
Address & Directions
14300 Hickman Rd
Clive, IA 50325
On the corner of 142nd and Hickman located inside the Heartland Presbyterian Church
HoursMonday - Friday
6:30am - 6:00pm