About Cadence Academy Preschool
Infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and pre-kindergarteners all have a special place at Cadence Academy Preschool and we love working with the families of Clive and Waukee to provide our young students the very best daycare and early educational experiences. Previously known locally as Apple Tree Children’s Center, the preschool center at Cadence Academy Preschool, Clive has six different classrooms and we constantly customize each to address the development needs of every age group. Our caring teachers utilize our own Ascend Curriculum, which takes a “Whole Child” approach and seeks to develop your child’s cognitive, physical, social-emotional, and creative abilities.
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). In this program, Cadence Academy caregivers make sure that the first transition from home is pleasant and smooth for you and your infant.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). Our warm, experienced staff is trained to help channel your little one’s energy in a positive way in order for them to grow and learn.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). In this program, your child will engage in activities like counting, crating, painting, and rhyming on a daily basis.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Our preschool program features a hands-on curriculum that preps your child for whatever adventure awaits.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). Our Pre-Kindergarten program takes a fun and balanced approach to education and preps your child in vocabulary, literacy, math, motor skills, and problem-solving so that they have a solid set of skills before entering kindergarten.
Our directors, teachers, and staff are committed to going above and beyond best practices in the care and education of children and we’re proud to hold accreditation from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). NAEYC accredited child care centers must promote positive relationships for all children, teach from a curriculum that fosters all areas of a child’s development, and provide ongoing assessments of each child’s learning and development so that families know how their child is progressing.
Our Preschool’s Philosophy
We believe children learn best when they feel secure in their environment, comfortable with their teachers, and excited about the activities they engage in each day. We progressively introduce age-appropriate skills across 9 different learning domains so that each child is engaged, supported, and challenged. These activities can be modified to fit the interest and current skill level of each child. We want your child’s first educational experiences to be fun!
We believe that children thrive when families partner with our school in their child’s care. We’re always available to talk about your child’s progress and offer a variety of communication pieces to keep you informed about your child’s day and academic progress. We also work closely with Waukee Community School District to understand elementary school expectations to ensure that your child is prepared for the transition to kindergarten.
We offer a multitude of events throughout the year that provide opportunities for you to meet other families enrolled at our school and to get to know our Cadence Academy family. Some of our favorite events are our Family Picnic, Fairy Tale Ball, Thanksgiving Luncheon, Ice Cream Socials, and Iowa vs. Iowa State Day.
Getting to our Preschool
Cadence Academy Preschool, Clive is located at 14300 Hickman Road in Clive, Iowa, 50325. We are across from the CVS on the corner of 142nd St and Hickman Rd and inside the Heartland Presbyterian Church. We proudly serve the cities of Clive, Waukee, Urbandale, and West Des Moines. Contact us to schedule a visit today!
Address & Directions
14300 Hickman Rd
Clive, IA 50325
On the corner of 142nd and Hickman located inside the Heartland Presbyterian Church
HoursMonday - Friday
6:30am - 6:00pm