About Cadence Academy Charleston
Welcome to Cadence Academy in Charleston, South Carolina. Our early childhood education center is so much more than a standard daycare. We offer child care programs for infants, toddlers, preschool, before and after care, summer camp, and more.
With a special focus on education, care, and love, we promise to provide you with peace of mind by giving children an exceptional early childhood education each fun-filled day in an environment as nurturing as home.
Our Preschool & Child Care Programs
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). Our infant daycare program provides a warm, safe, and nurturing environment for your child when you are away.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). In this toddler daycare program, toddlers start exploring the world through our theme-based curriculum that encourages play, language, and discovery.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). We introduce children in our Early Learners program to activities that develop their language skills, encourage a love of literacy, and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). In this preschool program, we help your child participate in stimulating learning opportunities. Our responsive preschool teachers understand the natural curiosity of children at this age and engage them in activities that promote cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical development.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). In our Pre-K program, we make sure that your child has the confidence and skillset to master kindergarten.
- Before and After School Care (ages 5 to 12). Our before and after school care gives parents peace of mind of knowing their kids are in a safe, fun environment that promotes their well-being.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 12). In this program, children play with peers and participate in educational activities that prep them for the coming school year.
Our child care center’s year-round preschool curriculum, the Ascend Curriculum, which offers a balance of structure and flexibility and enables our teachers to individualize instruction to accommodate the various interests and learning styles of each student.We also offer extracurricular programs such as dance and gymnastics.
At Cadence Academy in Charleston, South Carolina we offer full-time preschool programs for children ages six weeks to 12-years-old, as well as part-time programs for children ages two to five-years-old. We also provide before and after school care with transportation to Drayton Hall Elementary School. After school pickups are available from Oakland Elementary. Additionally, school buses from Springfield Elementary and Ashley River Creative Arts schools provide transportation to and from our childcare facility.
We center our philosophy on encouraging a child to learn and grow by providing a foundation of developmentally-appropriate learning experiences in a safe, nurturing environment.
What Makes Our Child Care Center in Charleston, SC Unique
Our private preschool has spacious, cozy classrooms with ample space for learning centers. In addition, all of our classrooms have interior windows, permitting visual access throughout the school.
Outside our preschool learning center, three separate, large, shaded playgrounds offer children the opportunity to participate in outdoor activities. There is a garden area where the children grow vegetables and flowers. A shaded picnic area is also available for children to enjoy Charleston’s beautiful weather.
We also prepare and offer a nutritious breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks daily. We include these meals in our tuition.
More About Our Preschool
Cadence Academy is located in West Ashley. We serve the cities of West Ashley (29414 and 29407 zip codes), Summerville (29485), and James Island (29412), covering the following neighborhoods: Shadowmoss Plantation, Riverland Terrace, Carolina Bay, Grand Oaks Plantation, and Village Green.
Nearby elementary schools include:
- Drayton Hall
- Ashley River
- Creative Arts
Our preschool hours are 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m Monday through Friday. We have an “open door” policy. During our operating hours, children can be dropped off or picked up anytime.
At Cadence Academy, Charleston, the health and safety of your child is our primary concern. Therefore, we have a security system at the front door. We encourage our families to use safe drop-off and pick-up procedures, and we request that only authorized individuals pick up children. We require individuals to show a picture ID before we release children to their care.