Encouraging Curiosity, Confidence, and Cooperation
Our early learning curriculum is designed for curious minds and active little bodies. We understand that during this time of peak early development, two- and three-year-olds need secure environments and stimulating experiences. In small classroom settings, our skilled teachers fill your child’s daily routine with a host of engaging activities: arts and crafts, imaginative play, language, rhyming, and counting. Regularly making independent choices and working with a group of peers helps your child gain the strong cooperation skills and confidence necessary for success in preschool and beyond.
Birth to age three are the most important years in a child’s development, indicates recent brain research. During this time, your toddler is growing in leaps and bounds not only cognitively but also socially, emotionally, and physically. At our schools, we focus on all areas of development so that your youngster can reap the full benefits of a well-balanced early childhood education, which studies show can lead to long-term improvement in school success and higher educational attainment.
- Cognitive: Early childhood is the most intensive period of cognitive development. Critical factors include a safe, predictable environment, responsive, nurturing caregivers, and engaging, language-rich activities.
- Socio-Emotional: Early learning caregivers who carry on nurturing relationships with toddlers, model appropriate behaviors and responses, and communicate effectively about emotions foster healthy socio-emotional development, laying the foundation for successful interpersonal relationships.
- Physical: Movement plays an integral role in the progression of gross and fine motor skills, learning, and socialization. Whether tossing a ball, jumping, scribbling, or stacking blocks, toddlers learn through doing.
Developmental Activities Include:
- Q & A Time: “What?” “Why?” and “How?” are likely your toddler’s favorite words after “Me” and “Mine.” Our skilled teachers inform your child’s expanding world and blossoming language skills by encouraging his or her natural curiosity through a routine exchange of questions and answers.
- Love of Literacy: An early love of reading helps children build a strong vocabulary, setting them up for a lifetime of engaged learning. Our patient teachers devote time daily to reading and literary reflection throughout all our early childhood education programs.
- Speaking Spanish: Since the foundation of thinking and learning form in a child’s first three years, an early learning program is the ideal place to introduce a second language. Why not the second most popular one in the world—Spanish? Spanish vocabulary words, stories, and activities are integrated into our early learning curriculum and sent home for further practice.
- Growing Up Fit: Energetic two- and three-year-olds learn through movement. Our early childhood center fosters a lifelong commitment to health and fitness through fun exercises and activities that can also be practiced at home with the family.
- Child-Friendly Classroom: The world may seem like a big place to children, but their classroom doesn’t have to be overwhelming. In our early learning program, your toddler is easily able to reach toys and supplies thanks to low, open shelves. Kids also learn to choose and then replace toys in colorful tubs and boxes labeled with photos and words.
- Potty Training: We understand that each child potty trains at his or her own pace, so our nurturing caregivers provide a secure, supportive environment to ease the process.
Preparing Our Early Learners for Preschool and Beyond
An early learning center is about more than preparing a child for preschool—though that’s an important part of it. Since the foundation of thinking, language, socialization, aptitudes, and other key characteristics are established in a child’s first three years, we focus on whole child education in our early learner curriculum. This approach not only develops the skills necessary for your child’s next educational stage, but also establishes habits for a lifetime of success.