School Address4110 6th Ave NE
Lacey, WA 98516
HoursMonday - Friday
6:00am - 6:00pm
Ages6 weeks - 8 years
Special DirectionsCorner of 6th and Sleater Kinney directly across the street from North Thurston High School
Programs AvailableInfant Care, Toddler Care, Early Learners, Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten, Before & After Care, Summer Camp
Cadence Academy Preschool
in Lacey, Washington
Welcome to Cadence Academy Preschool, Sleater-Kinney. Surrounded by the pristine Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge, mesmerizing Mt. Rainier, and the tranquil waters of the Puget Sound, Lacey, Washington is a natural paradise.
Our preschool and child care center is conveniently located on the corner of 6th and Sleater Kinney directly across the street from North Thurston High School at 4110 6th Ave, NE in Lacey, Washington.
Our security-controlled private preschool has a beautiful outdoor playground divided into age-appropriate areas, where children enjoy playing on safe, fun equipment. Each of our wildlife-themed classrooms offers an enriching environment in which children can grow and be confident and successful.
We work with families to provide the best child care possible to the children of Lacey. Through our research-directed curriculum, we encourage learning and discovery through play every day.
Child Care, Preschool & After School Programs Offered:
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year) – This infant daycare program is designed to encourage the strong bonds, warmth, and security your child is familiar with at home.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2) – A childcare program designed to inspire your child’s sense of discovery and active learning.
- Early Childhood Learning (ages 2 to 3) – Our early childhood learning program helps improve gross and fine motor skills, vocabulary, and learning through discovery activities.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4) – This carefully designed program helps prepare preschool students for Pre-Kindergarten.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5) – Our Pre-K program weaves the skills and experiences taught in previous years to prep preschool students for the transition to Kindergarten.
- Before & After School Care (ages 5 to 12) – Families sending their children to our Before & After School Program can take advantage of our complimentary transportation to and from local elementary schools.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 12) – From adventures in nature to academic activities, and sports-related fun, this program ensures that students stay active both mentally and physically during summer break while having the chance to have a good time with their peers and our energetic instructors.
Take a Peek Inside
Our preschool also offers multiple, age-appropriate learning environments, as well as an outdoor learning environment for students to enjoy.
Infants & Toddlers
In the “Lady Bug” room, highly skilled teachers provide infants with developmental stimulation through cuddling, rocking, story time, songs, art exploration, and lots of tummy time activities. The toddlers in the “Wiggly Worm” and “Butterfly” rooms explore their environment and creativity with daily art projects and sensory activities, including story time and music.
Preschoolers and Kindergarteners
Preschoolers in the “Busy Bee” room enjoy a structured schedule of “Letter of the Week,” ABCs, 123s, colors, songs, exercise and story time, as well as potty training experience. The “Dragonfly” room fosters creativity, imagination, and independence among preschoolers in a safe environment. The kindergarten children in the “Cricket” room learn phonics, handwriting, and more advanced art projects. They also work on their social skills and how to interact with peers to prepare them for grade school.
The children in our Before & After School Program play games, read independently, work on their homework, and use their imaginations to create unique art.
What Makes our Preschool & Child Care Center Unique
We are proud to offer families quality childcare programs in a loving, nurturing environment where our focus is to provide every child with a positive learning experience through structured curriculum and play.
Our teachers and staff work together to maintain a loving, compassionate, family-like atmosphere. The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accredits our early learning center. The Association is dedicated to improving early childhood education and offers accreditation for high-quality programs.
Learn More About Our Private Preschool
Come by and see us at Cadence Academy Sleater-Kinney in Lacey, Washington.
Schedule a Visit Today!