Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K) Program: Ages 4–5 Years Old
Cadence Academy Pre-K Program Prepares Kids to Enter Kindergarten with Confidence
Kindergarten these days is much more academic than it used to be, and many children enter unprepared. In fact, over 200,000 kids repeat kindergarten every year. High quality Pre-K education is essential to readying kids for the next stage of learning and life. Based on research and proven results, our pre-kindergarten program builds on your child’s earlier learning experiences advance literacy, vocabulary, math, problem solving, and fine and gross motor skills. Independent and cooperative learning opportunities guided by our skilled, nurturing teachers serve to strengthen social skills, equipping your child to enter kindergarten with confidence.
Pre-K Education Empowers Children to Reach Their Full Potential
A high quality pre-kindergarten education can not only prepare children for kindergarten but also help them reach their full potential in life. Studies show that Pre-K graduates generally experience significant cognitive gains and score higher on math and reading tests than peers who receive no Pre-K education. They also enjoy greater levels of high school graduation, earnings, and overall lifetime achievement. Experts on early brain development agree: Pre-K learning has become just as necessary as kindergarten and first grade.
Developmental Domains of Focus:
- Cognitive: Rich environments, stimulating experiences, and responsive interactions help to develop prekindergarteners’ emergent cognitive skills. With a firmer grasp of logic and language, children at this age benefit from creative, theme-based activities that prime them for the next stage of learning.
- Socio-Emotional: Secure relationships with parents and caregivers, observance of healthy adult behavior, and early positive social interactions influence socio-emotional development. Opportunities to gently collaborate with peers and express emotions verbally rather than physically are beneficial to effective socialization.
- Physical: Four- and five-year-olds are full of energy and need active games and environments. Building, dancing, painting and similar activities help to develop gross and fine motor skills, as well as coordination and concentration.
Our Developmental Activities Include:
- Mastering Skills: At Cadence Academy, your child receives a well-rounded Pre-K education that emphasizes physical, cognitive, and socio-emotional development. Daily routines feature fun yet challenging math, science, social studies, literacy, and physical activities.
- Fostering Confidence: Immensely inquisitive, your Pre-Ker expresses his or her newfound independence through investigation, exploration, and burgeoning decisiveness. Within the comfort of small classrooms, our skilled teachers offer your child plenty of choices concerning equipment and materials, emboldening little ones to learn with confidence.
Strengthening Vocabulary: Research indicates a strong oral vocabulary is the foundation of future reading success. Engaging activities and conversations with teachers and peers are the cornerstone of our Pre-K program.
- Promoting Literacy: An environment rich with words, language, and print is key to promoting literacy. Your Pre-Ker participates in interactive activities to increase phonological and print awareness, narrative skills, and letter knowledge. Writing skills are expanded with the help of the sight worlds on our fun Pre-K Word Wall.
- Learning Spanish: Your child is immersed in the words and world of Spanish language in our Pre-K program. Whether playing make-believe, forecasting the weather, or cooking, your child is continually practicing this essential second language.
- Growing Up Fit: Learning good fitness and nutrition habits early can lead to a healthy lifestyle for years to come. Interactive exercises and educational cooking projects are a part of your little one’s daily routine, instilling the value of smart, healthy choices.
- Developing Computer Skills: Technology skills are vital to success in pre-k school and, later on, in many careers. Our Pre-K education exposes kids to computers early and often. Some of our Pre-K schools even offer Smart Board, a computerized white board that helps develop cognitive and fine motor skills.
Cadence Academy Offers Unequivocal Pre-K Education
High quality Pre-K programs can have a tremendous impact on a child’s success in school and life—but what constitutes quality? Research defines quality Pre-K programs as having teachers trained in early child development, small class sizes, and low child-to-staff ratios. Our Pre-K curriculum is not only built on these standards, but also another very important one: a partnership between parents, staff, and teachers. We work with you to set and reach clearly defined goals for your child. As a team, we make sure your child is confident and prepared for kindergarten.
Key Pre-K School Considerations:
- Kindergarten is much more academic than in the past, which makes Pre-K an important consideration.
- Over 200,000 kids repeat kindergarten every year.
- Pre-K has become just as necessary as kindergarten and first grade.
*Programs and activities may vary by school and may be subject to change without notice. Please contact your local school for additional information on school-specific programs and activities.